Monday, June 22, 2015

Good Old Summertime!


Hello there and happy summer time . . . I hope you are staying cool, wherever you are!



I sure wish I had a fabulous sun porch swing like this one, to take a rest in the shade with a nice cool iced tea!  And isn’t that snoozing puppy absolutely adorable?!!  

To make this pocket card, I stamped the wonderful Sunporch Snooze #2244K with watermark ink onto kraft paper and heat embossed it with white powder.  Next, I used a white colored pencil to do a little shading and then finished coloring the image with these Copic markers (you can also see how the white card insert pulls out of the pocket card below … a great spot for a gift card!):




To enhance the beautiful fine cutout details of the swing, I shaded it with the C1-C2-C3 markers, the puppy was colored with E31-E33, and the pillow with BG01. Next, I cut out the swing and popped it up on foam tape over the pretty silver foil envelope I received in a package and just couldn’t throw out!



To finish the pocket card, I silver heat embossed the Good Old Summertime #10123C sentiment stamp so it would coordinate with the silver plaid foil pattern, and accented it with a trio of clear gemstone stars.

Thanks so much for joining me today … stay cool!

~ Sharon

Pink Ink Stamp Company products used, available online from Ellen Hutson LLC:
Sunporch Snooze #2244K 
Good Old Summertime #10123C 

Or please visit the Pink Ink Stamp Company website to find a local retailer near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment