Monday, May 18, 2015

Bistro Lights Flamingos

Happy Monday, everyone!  Sharon here with you today, bringing you this sweet Yard Flamingo from Pink Ink’s Spring/Summer 2015 release – isn’t s/he adorable?!!  


I couldn’t wait to try a fun stamping technique, mirror stamping with it!  The original flamingo image is the left one.  To get the mirrored right image, I just stamped the image onto an acrylic stamp block (stamp carefully on the slick surface) and then used the block to stamp onto the Neenah Solar White 110 lb. cardstock, next to the left flamingo … easy peasy!  The large flat surface of the back of an acrylic stamp (mounted “backwards” onto an acrylic block) will work just as well (and probably better) than just an acrylic block … that was all I had handy at the moment.  You may not get a perfectly stamped image -- I needed to fill in a few spots with my Copic Multiliner, but that’s fine by me!

After stamping the images with Copic-friendly Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I colored the flamingos with these Copic Sketch markers:
 

Also shown is the Copic Black Multiliner pen I used to fill in the mirror stamped right flamingo. Copic C1 was used for a few shadows. Copic’s Silver Atyou Spica Glitter Pen was used to color the flamingo beaks and the Sand (light gold) Spica was used on their legs … after all, yard flamingos should shimmer and catch your eye, right?  (grin!)

I had the wild idea to put these Yard Flamingos under some shimmery gold patio bistro lights … I don’t know why, but why not … right?!!  Now I’ll be looking for some of my own (bigger) yard flamingos, to dress up my patio this summer!

Pink Ink stamps used:
Yard Flamingo – Available online from Ellen Hutson LLC.

Or visit the Pink Ink Stamp Company website to find a local retailer near you.

Thanks so much for visiting today … I hope you have a wonderful week!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment