Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Livin' the Flip Flop Life Watercolor Card

Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Hello everyone! Heidi Blankenship, here today to share a fun and colorful summertime card with you.  I used some of the rubber stamps from the Summer Fun 2016 collection from Pink Ink Stamp Company to create an embossed resist watercolor card.




This is almost a layer card.  I used Versa Mark ink to randomly stamp the Flowery Flip Flops stamp on to a piece of Strathmore mixed media paper.  Then I added white embossing powder and used a heat tool to melt and heat set the powder.  Next I used Distress Inks on a craft mat and added water to them to create the rainbow watercolor look on the card front.  I added clean water to the entire piece of paper and then added the color.  Doing this helps the colors to flow and blend together.  I added a couple of layer of color and used a heat tool to speed up the drying time. These are the colors of Distress Ink I used -- picked raspberry, ripe persimmon, squeezed lemonade, mowed lawn, salty ocean, seedless preserved.




Once the paper was dry I used a slightly damp paper towel to wipe off the excess ink on top of the embossing.  Doing this will really help to make the white embossed areas pop.  Next I stamped the Flip Flop Life sentiment on to a piece of velum using Versa Mark ink and heat set with white embossing powder. I taped the velum to the back side of the card.  Then I added some white craft foam to the back of the paper using scor-tape.  I mounted the card front to an A2 top folding white card base.




To finish off the card I added some crystal reflections sequins for a little bit of sparkle. I love how the sequins match the rainbow colors so perfectly.

I hope you enjoyed today's card!  Thanks so much for stopping by the Pink Ink Blog.  I hope you have a beautiful and creative day!

Heidi

To find the Pink Ink products used please visit Ellen Hutson LLC

2272J Flowery Flip Flops
10134 Flip Flop Life

You can also visit Pink Ink's website to find a local store near you that carries our stamps, or to order wholesale.

No comments:

Post a Comment