Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sandy Toes by Sharon Harnist


Hello Pink Ink Fans -- Sharon Harnist back with you today, with another fun Summer project!  My family is headed to the beach soon and I can not wait to feel the warm sand between my toes and listen to the crashing waves!


(Click on any photo for a larger view)

 Pink Ink's Beachtown Fence, Beach Sign, and Sandy Toes sentiment helped me prepare for my vacation! 

Here are a few steps I used to create this card:

After stamping the images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto X-Press It Blending Card, I tore a piece of scrap paper to use as a mask and airbrushed Copic B00 on the background, to create ocean waves. I tried not to get any overspray on the image but if I did, I used the Copic Colorless Blender marker to remove any unwanted overspray from the image.



Once I was finished airbrushing the background, I just colored the water between the fence posts with the lightest Copic B00 marker by hand.

Then I colored the rest of the images with these Copic markers:



To create the crashing surf, I dipped a cotton swab in Copic Opaque White and dabbed it along the edges of the airbrushed waves I created:


To finish the card I stamped the Sandy Toes sentiment onto white cardstock, then Copic color distressed it using C2 and E41. It was hand trimmed into a banner shape and adhered with foam tape.



Thanks so much for joining me today -- I hope you are enjoying your Summer!

~ Sharon

Pink Ink products used, available online through Ellen Hutson LLC:

-----SUPPLIES----

Or check Pink Ink's website to find a local store near you that carries our stamps, or to order wholesale.

No comments:

Post a Comment