Friday, March 27, 2015

Classic Sailboat

3-27-2015
Good morning everyone.  My name is Shelby Thomas, and I'm so pleased to be part of the wonderful Pink Ink design team.  When I first started out in the crafting world, these were some of the first stamps I learned to color and still amongst my all time favs!
 I fell in love with this stamp when I saw it.  I currently live in landlocked Colorado and dearly miss the Great Lakes region where I was born and raised.  This stamp is about as close as I come to sailing in Colorado!  I love to use brighter colors in my designs and this sailboat was just asking for some yellows and reds!  This fabulous new stamp is available on-line at Ellen Hutson and you can find it HERE.
The Classic Sailboat was colored up with Copics and I also did a reflection in the water..
Update:  To create the reflection, stamp the sailboat onto cellophane (I used some old packing from a stamp set I had laying around in my craft room) using the same type and color of ink for the original image (MFT hybrid black licorice).


 Line up the stamped image on the cellophane underneath the original image and press down.  

The inking will be lighter and perhaps not as crisp as the original but that's also more true to reflections in water.

The sentiment, Aloha, was stamped twice in black Versafine.


 Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope your weekend is wonderful and creative!

2 comments:

  1. Shelby, could you tell us how you created the "reflected" image? I think this might be a fun technique to use with other nautical themed stamps! thanks, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updated with a couple of pictures to help understand how to create a reflection from a stamp!

    ReplyDelete