Saturday, June 11, 2016

Summer Sketch Book


Hello Pink Ink Fans -- Sharon Harnist back with you today, with a fun Summer
project! My youngest daughter has always loved drawing and has taken a
renewed interest in it again lately. To help nurture her talent, I customized
a sketch book for her using most all of Pink Ink's fabulous latest summer
stamp release!



I love all the beachy, summery images and hope these will help inspire my
daughter over the summer!  And since this is a sketch book, I thought it
would be appropriate to keep the images stamped in just black ink. I used Memento
Tuxedo Black ink and was very pleased with how well the images stamped out
on the leather cover!  Don’t you love all the amazing details in these images?!!

On the inside cover page I stamped Beach Cabanas #2274L and colored it with Copic markers:



Fun, aren't they?!!  I also tested out coloring Flowery Flip Flops #2272J on the back leather cover, and think it turned out pretty well!



You just have to experiment with your color selection, when coloring onto a darker surface like this leather.  You could use kraft cardstock to practice, before committing to a cover like this.

Thanks so much for joining me today -- Happy Summer!

~ Sharon

Pink Ink products used, available online through Ellen Hutson LLC:

-----SUPPLIES-----

Or check Pink Ink's website to find a local store near you that carries our stamps, or to order wholesale.

No comments:

Post a Comment