Thursday, June 15, 2017

Bookmark with May Flaum

15/06/2017
May Flaum here, kicking off summer with a crafty bang. I was trying to think of something fun to gift the girls to start summer, and I got to looking at this book owl Pink Ink stamp that they sent me a few weeks back.


What to do with it? Bookmark!

I began by using some clean color markers to make the books into a rainbow, and add a bit of color to the owl as well. Note that I didn't color every single detail - just some fun color + water with a water brush. Just add a bit of color with the marker, then add a bit of water and blend.

Repeat as needed it's that simple to create simple coloring! Then I took some nuvo crystal drops to add dimension to his glasses, the book titles, and anywhere else I felt like it would add a little something. 

The supplies I used on this project include: Pink Ink Book Owl Stamp and Pretty Petals, Heidi Swapp gold mist, Clean Color Markers, Nuvo clear drops, and Lawn Fawn patterned paper My white paper is 1 3/4" wide, I mounted it on 2" wide patterned paper after stamping (and coloring in same way).

I also added some flecks of gold, and a bit of pen work in form of an outline and the year. This bookmark wasn't quite complete, so I punched a hole and added some trim.

Here is the finished result - along with some Nancy Drew summer reading for the girls! The rainbow stack of books is my favorite thing I've colored in quite a while - and I had a lot of fun making something totally flat (for a change!) with this project.

I hope you've enjoyed this project - it sure was fun to make and a reminder that I can have hand crafted detail - even when I read!

No comments:

Post a Comment