Tuesday, July 11, 2017

House of Flowers by Sharon Harnist


I'm loving #WorldWatercolorMonth and Pink Ink's beautiful stamps are a colorist's dream to work with -- The images are always so highly detailed and a pleasure to color! Today's images of choice are some beautiful new florals:



To begin, I stamped the adorable new House of Flowers with Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the center of my watercolor paper, then stamped the equally as cute Pretty Petals flower around the edges of the panel, to create a frame. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink, knowing it works well with Copic ink. Did you know you can "watercolor" with your Copic Various Ink Refills? Yes! It is quite simple -- Just squeeze a little of the refill ink into a palette, fill a waterbrush with Copic Colorless Blender, then pick up your desired Various Ink color with the brush and paint away! 

Here are the Copic Various Ink colors I used (click on any photo, for a larger view): 1. V15, 2. RV17, 3. R24, 4. YR04:


On some of the flower petals, I did a couple of coats of ink to deepen the color, allowing the first coat to dry before adding more color. I also was able to achieve some shading this way, too.

5. Y15, 6. YG03 for outer parts of leaves. I didn't have a good darker Various Ink Refill to compliment YG03, so I just used a G05 Copic Sketch Marker to color the centers of the leaves:


7.E21 and E23 for the house and chimney.
8. B0000 was used to lightly color wash the sky. Very lightened (with Copic Colorless Blender) YG03 was washed below the sky, to create grass.


To finish the card, I die cut the watercolored panel with a large stitched frame, then mounted the piece onto a Lemon Meringue card base.


Thanks for joining me today!  ~ Sharon

Pink Ink products used, available online through Ellen Hutson LLC:


Or check Pink Ink's website to find a local store near you that carries our stamps, or to order wholesale.

No comments:

Post a Comment