Thursday, October 8, 2015

Flora Bella

                                                                                        10/8/2015
 

It's been four l-o-n-g months since my last blog post.  Wow.  Where does the time go?  Well, in this case, I know where it's gone.  I've been working like a mad woman on a BIG project!  First, I want to thank my loyal design team, Debbie, Heidi, Kay, Sharon and Shelby,  for keeping the blog afloat in my absence.  Their beautiful projects were nothing short of wonderful and I hope Pink Ink fans appreciated their terrific contributions! 
Meanwhile...back in Petaluma, I've been drawing up a storm...88 pages for a brand new coloring book titled, Flora Bella !  It's being produced by Sellers Publishing Company and will be available for sale March 1st, 2016.  Ronnie Sellers and I have collaborated previously on two children's books and I could not ask for a kinder, more conscientious publisher to work with.  I know, the publishing date is a ways off still but I felt I needed to explain what I've been up to these past four months.  Here is a sample of the distinctive cover...colored by me with my favorite Prisma colored pencils~

As I teach coloring classes throughout the country I've frequently been asked, "why can't you make the stamp images BIG so they're easier to color?"  Well, I was listening and was encouraged by the coloring book success of my friend Joanne Fink, so decided to approach Sellers Publishing with the idea for Flora Bella.  I wanted to both elaborate and re-size some of Pink Ink's stamp images into coloring book pages and conversely, reinterpret some of the Flora Bella pages into rubber stamps.  Here are samples of each conversion ~

So, it's nice to have a breather this October,~ my wedding anniversary (today!) and birthday month.  Thanks to my family for putting up with this extra layer of busyness and to my blog followers for hanging in there with me.  I like to think it was worth the wait.  Be prepared though, a sequel is in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment